Terms & Conditions
The PROVIDERS ask that the RECIPIENT and the RECIPIENT’s SCIENTIST agree to the following before the RECIPIENT receives the MATERIAL:
- The MATERIAL is made available as a service to the research community and will be used for teaching or not-for-profit research purposes only, with the exception of the limited internal research use allowed by for-profit entities as set out in paragraph 7 below.
- THE MATERIAL IS NOT FOR USE IN HUMAN SUBJECTS.
- The MATERIAL will not be further distributed to others without the PROVIDERS’ written consent. The RECIPIENT shall refer any request for the MATERIAL to PROVIDERS.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to acknowledge the source of the MATERIAL in any publication, abstract or poster reporting the use of the MATERIAL with the following statement: “The materials described herein were provided by the Seattle Structural Genomics Center for Infectious Disease (www.SSGCID.org) is supported Federal Contract No. HHSN272201200025C from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services.” The RECIPIENT agrees to furnish PROVIDER with a copy of any publication, abstract or poster reporting the use of the MATERIAL at least two weeks prior to planned submission or publication. Publications should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Any MATERIAL delivered pursuant to this Agreement is understood to be experimental in nature and may have hazardous properties. THE PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTEND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. To the extent permitted by law, RECIPIENT assumes all liability for any loss, claim, or damages which may arise from RECIPIENT’s use, storage or disposal of the MATERIAL and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the PROVIDERS from and against all such liabilities.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to use the MATERIAL in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations, including all United States export control laws.
- If the RECIPIENT is a for-profit entity, then such RECIPIENT additionally agrees that MATERIAL will be used for internal research within RECIPIENT’s place of business only and not for "COMMERCIAL PURPOSES." "COMMERCIAL PURPOSES" are defined under this Agreement as (i) the sale, lease, license or other transfer of MATERIAL or Modifications of MATERIAL; (ii) the use of MATERIAL or Modifications of MATERIAL to perform any service for sale or contract research; (iii) the use of MATERIAL or Modifications of MATERIAL to produce or manufacture products for sale; or (iv) conducting activities that result in any sale, lease, license or transfer of MATERIAL or Modifications of MATERIAL.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to not attempt to obtain a patent claiming MATERIAL.